All-American Mason Jars – DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar .
Show off your national pride when you adorn your backyard with these patriotic All-American Mason Jars. This summer craft idea is perfect for the Fourth of July. You can line your front or back yard with these festive Mason jars. This simple Independence Day craft is a fun way to say that you’re proud to live in the USA.
· Plaid® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
· FolkArt® Enamels™ – Calypso Sky, 2 oz.
· FolkArt® Enamels™ Flow Medium, 2 oz.
· FolkArt® Acrylic Colors – Brilliant Blue, 2 oz
· Recycled jar
· Paper towel
· Medium paintbrush
· Detail paintbrush
· Old book pages
· Wood stars
· Hot glue
1) Remove label from jar. Wipe clean with rubbing alcohol.
2) Blend equal parts of Calypso Sky paint and Flow Medium. Paint the jar with mixture. Once dry, apply second coat.
3) Cut star shapes from old book pages. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the outside of the jar and position stars. Apply top coat of Mod Podge. Let dry.
4) Paint a star with Brilliant Blue paint.
5) Tie ribbon around top of jar. Hot glue wooden stars to ribbon using hot glue.
By: Plaid Enterprises