This cute Art Deco Purse and Mirror Set are great to have in your purse or backpack. Cute for women of all ages, this little mirror set makes a wonderful stocking stuffer or a little gift for a teen or adult. You can create your Art Deco style in any colors you’d like to help add a personal touch to your design.
1 block Premo! Accents: Twinkle Twinkle (NEW) -2 oz
1 block Premo! Accents: 18K Gold – 2 oz
1 block Premo! Accents: Silver – 2 oz
Clay Conditioning Machine
Sculpey® Essential Tool Kit
2″ square glass mirror (Darice)
White craft glue
1.5″ x 1.5″ cardstock
Sewing thread and needle
1. Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the
widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
2. Coat mirror back with white glue. Allow to dry completely. Set clay conditioning machine at thickest setting and
make Twinkle Twinkle sheet. Press sheet on mirror back and sides. Trim edges flush with mirror front. Press
sheet on front of mirror. Trim and smooth edges to blend the front and the back. Center the index card piece on
the front and cut through clay with knife, using index card as a pattern. Do not remove clay cutout.
3. Set clay conditioning machine at third-thickest setting. Make 18K Gold and Silver sheets and cut ¼” strips. Make
Twinkle Twinkle sheet and cut 1/8″ strips. Press Gold strip on center of back, over one edge and overlap cutout
on front. Butt Twinkle Twinkle strips next to long edges of Gold strip. Press Twinkle Twinkle strip across ends.
Repeat with Silver strips, staggering them to be a little shorter than the Gold strip. On front, use craft knife to
cut around overlapped strips. Remove clay cutout.
4. Form ½” square Twinkle Twinkle round button. Use needle tool to make sewing holes in button. Bake mirror and
button as directed above.
5. Cut 3-1/2″ x 7″ felt piece. Sew on button 1/2″ from top. Fold felt 2″ from edge with button. Machine- or hand sew side seams ¼” from edge, with button at top of opening. Cut buttonhole on flap.
By: Jennifer Bezingue