Our hearty Amish Barn-Raising Breakfast recipe is guaranteed to give you lots of energy to start the day. This homey, country-style breakfast bake might traditionally be made in a coal or wood burning stove, but it’ll bake up just fine in our own ovens, easily.
1 pound ground breakfast sausage
1/2 cup diced onion
1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese,
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
3. Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture on dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper; pour over red pepper.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.