If you have a son or daughter who always wanted a pet turtle, but YOU didn’t want to take care of a pet turtle, make this cute no‐mess version out of foam sheets, beads, and colorful metallic threads. Your
kids will love making this easy “pet” that’s pocket‐sized!
• Green & Yellow Fun Foam (Westrim brand)
• Blue & Yellow cabochons
• 8×10 Treasure Tape Sheet
• Diamond Beadlets
• Kreinik Dimensional Threads: Gold Braid Assortment
1. Using the template, trace your pieces onto the green and yellow fun foam. Cut them out carefully. Use an x‐acto knife to cut out the holes in the “shell” layer of the pattern. Peel back the white backer side of your tape and place the yellow body layer on the tape. Cut out the
shape and repeat to apply tape to the second side. Press out from the center with your fingers to smooth out any air bubbles.
2. Peel back the red liner on the bottom of your yellow piece. Place your feet and tail pieces on the
tape, and then align the yellow body shape with the bottom green shape. Press to adhere firmly.
Peel the red liner off the top of your yellow body piece. Align the top green piece over it, and
press them together.
3. Begin to embellish. Use your gold threads to make a pattern on your “shell”.
4. When finished embellishing, use your red liner to press all threads firmly into the tape. Place
your design in a tray or ziploc bag and pour Diamond Beadlets over the exposed tape. Swirl with
your fingers to cover fully. Tap to remove excess beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.