This quick and easy project for kids creates a cute little butterfly with inexpensive materials. Stick into a piece of foam so that kids can decorate their rooms with their new butterfly pal.
• Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
• Wood pieces, assorted sizes and shapes
• Paper punches: 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”
• Black marker
• Acrylic paint; Deep Green, Purple, Fuchsia
• Embroidery floss (to hang flower)
• Craft sticks
• Craft foam; light pink, pink, green, yellow, brown, light brown
• 1/4″ flat brush
1. Glue wood pieces together. Glue the tip of craft stick to back of the figure, making sure there is space
enough to insert into a pocket. Let dry.
2. Using ¼” brush, paint with purple and pink acrylic paint colors as desired on the butterfly, paint stick
green. Let dry.
3. Glue all trims into place. Use wire for antennae, craft foam for trim, flower, leaf and body, and
embroidery floss to hang.
4. Dot eyes with black marker.