Check it out! Decoupaged Accessories – Ways to Reuse Materials .
• Aleene’s® Instant Decoupage Sealer & Finish
• Aleene’s® Platinum Bond Super Fabric Textile Adhesive™
• Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
o BI15788 Petal Pink
• Cotton swabs
• Shoes, pink
• Grosgrain ribbon, 2 yards 1‐½” wide white
• Paper towels
• Brush, 1” wide
• Scratch paper
• Plate, foam
• Masking tape, low tack
• Magazines, decorative papers or wrapping paper
• Trim, 5 yards ¼” wide
• Freezer paper
• Cinch sack, fuchsia
• Belt hardware, 1‐½” square
1. Tape a 24” long piece of freezer paper, shiny side up, on work surface.
2. Select colorful pictures from magazines, decorative papers or wrapping paper. NOTE: Use pictures with bold designs, avoiding ones with small detail. If desired, tear out words or sayings.
3. Tear papers into about 3” square pieces. Tear around lettering, leaving saying intact.
4. Working in small sections, brush a generous amount of Instant Decoupage on freezer paper. Quickly
brush Instant Decoupage on back of paper piece. Press into Instant Decoupage area on freezer paper.
Brush another coat over top. Continue applying pieces on freezer paper, overlapping edges about 1/2”.
Fill in entire length of freezer paper. Add words where desired. Let dry.
5. Carefully remove decoupaged paper from freezer paper. Carefully crumple paper. Smooth flat. Place
on same piece of freezer paper.
6. Squeeze a puddle of Petal Pink paint on plate. Working in small sections, brush a coat of paint over
decoupaged paper. Immediately, wipe off with paper towels. This will soften colors of papers. If needed,
damp paper towel can be used. Continue with entire decoupaged paper. Let dry.
7. Trace and cut heart patterns from scratch paper. Position large heart where desired on decoupaged
paper. Trace with pencil. Cut out. Continue with two smaller hearts for shoes.
8. Remove lid from Super Fabric Textile Adhesive. Punch a small hole in tip of tube. Snip tip of enclosed
nozzle at smallest notch. Attach nozzle to glue tube. Use a cotton swab to smooth glue on back of decoupaged paper.
9. Belt – Cut ribbon to desired length of belt plus 6”. Cut four 1‐¼” wide strips of decoupaged paper.
Measure and cut paper to fit ribbon creating a seam at center back, if needed. Apply Super Fabric Textile
Adhesive to back of paper, smooth and press in place on ribbon. Slightly overlap seam at center back.
Continue with other side of ribbon. Let dry. Glue trim around one entire side of belt. Let dry. Using
photo for reference, insert one end of belt through two square rings. Fold over ribbon. Glue to back.
Insert other end through one ring then thread through other. Pull end to tighten.
10. Shoes ‐ Apply a bead of Super Fabric Textile Adhesive on back of larger heart. Smooth glue. Press in place, referring to photo for placement. Glue on remaining hearts. Glue trim in place around hearts.
11. Cinch Sack ‐ Apply glue to back of heart. Press on sack. Apply glue in small sections around large heart. Press on trim. Let dry.
Note: Decoupaged paper can be wiped with a damp cloth but not washed.