By: Lisa Storms
Store spare change, jewelry, and other small nick knacks in these precious Clay Jewelry Dishes. Made using a variety of things that you can find around the house, these cute dishes make wonderful gift ideas and will instantly add color and style wherever they are displayed. These also make wonderful wedding gift ideas or a favors because they’re easy to make and personalize however you wish.
Texture Plates – 6pk Asst. III
Stamp Block Set
Monthly Mixed Media Ideas #5
Sculpey clay in color of your choice
Super Sized Circle Template
Sand paper (optional)
Glossy top coat
1. Condition Sculpey oven-bake clay per instructions.
2. Roll out clay on protected surface with acrylic roller to 1/4 inch or less in thickness.
3. Place onto texture plate (first sprinkle with water to avoid sticking) and roll gently.
4. Remove from texture plate gently and return to protected surface.
5. Place Super Sized Circle Template onto clay and cut out with toothpick. Don’t worry about any jagged edges as
the clay can be sanded after baking. You can first cut out the circle from a piece of wax paper to layer between clay and template for super quick clean-up.
6. Place upside down onto small paper bowl as shown gently pressing edges down and bake on baking sheet according to directions.
7. Once cooled, sand if needed and paint with acrylic paint as desired (try painting in grooves and removing excess
paint from ridges with paper towel to accentuate texture) and finish with glossy top coat to protect.
8. Be sure to clean any clay from tools immediately.