By: Candace Jedrowicz
Simple tranquility and serenity are what await you with this Clay Stacked Stone Necklace. Perfect for balancing out an outfit or adding a touch of style and class to your favorite ensemble, this simple necklace pendant is sure to be a favorite. Made to look like stacked rocks, this Clay Stacked Stone Necklace can easily match anything from a cute dress to a tee shirt and jeans, and it can easily be worn by women of all ages.
Polymer clay in stone colors
20 gauge wire
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
1. Condition a pea sized piece of polymer clay. Flatten slightly.
2. Make a hole with a needle tool or toothpick.
3. Repeat for 4 or 5 beads making each a little smaller than the one before.
4. Make sure the hole is large enough for 2 wires to go through. Bake as directed.
5. Cut a piece of 20 gauge wire 5″ long. Fold in half around the round nose pliers.
6. Crimp the wire while it’s still on the pliers.
7. Slide a charm on to the wire.
8. Slide your stone beads over both ends of the wire.
9. When all the beads are on, fold one wire tail down.
10. Hold the loop under the stone beads and wrap the bent wire around the straight wire. Trim excess from the wrapped wire.
11. To make the bail, wrap the straight wire once around the handle of a needle tool (or paint brush).
12. Wrap the wire around again, crossing over the first.Wrap the tail around under the crossed loops.
13. Trim off excess.
14. Pinch the loops together. The crossed side is the back of the bail.