Colorful Fabric Book Cover – Teacher-Approved Crafts for School .
Save your old bandanas! This craft is practical, fun and ecofriendly.
Use brightly colored fabric with easily distinguishable prints – that way, your child will never misplace his or her textbooks.
Bandanas (colors and patterns of your choice)
Book of your choice
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
1. Lay book on bandana leaving approximately 3″ at top. Measure and cut to 3″ at bottom.
2. If you are covering book that is larger than standard bandana size, you can add strips of bandanas with Peel & Stick Tape to create larger fabric size.
3. Fold in sides to determine exact size of cover from top to bottom of book. Hand press and mark fold line with pencil.
4. Wrap fabric around book and mark end fold lines with pencil.
5. Apply line of Peel & Stick Tape along top and bottom edges; however, do not apply all the way to the end. You only want to apply the Tape along the bottom between the side fold lines. Remove paper backing and fold up to glue in place.
6. Apply Peel & Stick Tape to each of the corners to the side fold lines. Remove paper backing and fold in fabric alongside fold lines.
7. Insert back cover into pocket.
8. Fold book back to insert front cover into front pocket.
9. Determine desired size of pocket. Apply Peel & Stick tape along edges. Fold in edges to create clean edges on pocket.
10. Apply Peel & Stick Tape along edges and bottom of wrong side of pocket. Remove release paper and glue to book cover to create pocket.