Cookie/Snack Tins – Pearly Treasure Tins .
Recycle old metal tins with spray paint, trims, and decoupage images to create pretty containers for giving holiday treats.
• Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer ‐ Gray (#51318)
• Krylon Make It Pearl!® Pearlescent Paint ‐ Sheer Pearl (#1207)
• Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint ‐ Choice of 3 colors
• Krylon Leafing Pens ‐ Color of choice
• Cut paper images (Artifacts Decoupage Scrap Art rabbits and flowers used in photo)
• Assorted trimmings: Silk flowers, lace trims, Easter grass, decorative wooden eggs, small straw hat, ribbons
• Metal Tins
• Medium grit sandpaper
• Glue gun and glue sticks
• White craft glue
• Drop cloth or newspaper
1. Clean tins and remove any excess tape around the seal areas at the top of the tin and on the lid.
Gently sand any area with excess printing or advertising with medium grit sandpaper to help eliminate any show‐through.
2. Cover work area with newspaper or drop cloth.
3. Prime tins with two coats of Krylon® Primer. Allow to dry. This creates a soft matte surface and better adhesion for the top coat color.
4. Spray tins with three coats of Indoor/Outdoor paint in your choice of color. Allow to dry slightly between coats. A thin application in multiple layers works best. Allow final coat to thoroughly dry.
5. Spray tins with one coat of Make it Pearl! paint. Allow to thoroughly dry.
6. Apply seasonal cut paper images with white glue. Secure lace trims with white craft glue as well.
7. Add silk flowers, Easter grass and decorative wooden eggs using hot melt glue and glue gun. The small straw hat and flowers were also secured with hot glue.
8. Decorative patterns and swirls, as seen on the green tin, can be added with any color Leafing Pen.