DIY Crafts for Kids – How to Make a Bee with Cotton !
In the street the sun shines brightly, everywhere is light and warm, many different insects can be found on the street, including bees. They were seen by adults and children on all continents, excepting only Antarctica. The bees begin their work in the dazzling sunshine and complete it when it gets dark. Bees are the first insects from which a person began to benefit. Since ancient times, bees are bred for obtaining wax, honey, propolis and other products of beekeeping. They have a beautiful coloration with yellow and black stripes. Let’s make a master class today and such a wonderful bee-wax from cotton wool with our own hands.
In order to create an article “Bee” we need:
2. Glue PVA;
3. Gouache, brushes;
4. Waxed cord of yellow color;
6. Cardboard white;
7. White thread.
1. First we prepare the solution – we dilute the PVA glue with water to the consistency of milk, take a small lump of cotton wool , lower it into the solution, let the wad of cotton wool soak well. We form from the wet cotton wool the trunk of the bee as in the photo and on the end of the trunk we form the sting. The long side of the trunk should be approximately 2.2 cm. Then leave to dry.
2. Now, in the same way, we form a ball about 1.3 cm in diameter, this will be the head of the bee. We leave to dry.
3. Next, we will make 4 legs, for this 4 small pieces of cotton wool we lower into our solution and we form paws from them as in the photo, about 8-9 mm in length. Let’s dry.
4. We paint all 6 resulting details with yellow gouache.
5. Glue the head to the body with PVA glue, let it dry. Then, with a fine brush, draw three black strips of gouache on the trunk of the bee.
6. Glue the feet to the body on the PVA glue as in the photo.
7. Take the wax cord yellow and cut off with scissors lengths of 7-8 mm.
8. Glue the PVA glue pieces on the head in this way as in the photo. This will be the antennae.
9. We cut the antennae to make it 4-5 mm long.
10. Black gouache paint the eyes of the bee in this way as in the photo.
11. Gouache in black color, we draw a smile and cilia.
12. Gouache pink color paint cheeks bee.
13. Gouache in white color we draw pupils.
14. Now we need a glue of PVA consistency of thick sour cream to get this consistency pour PVA glue in a small container and leave it for two hours before thickening. Then densely dab the brush in the glue and apply a small amount on the antennae, as if forming the balls as in the photo. After drying, repeat that the balls were the same size as in the photo. Allow to dry the second layer.
15. Now we need a white cardboard, on it we draw here such wings, about 1.2 cm long, then cut out the wings.
16. Gouache in black, we paint the fringing and stripes on the wings as in the photo.
17. With a thick PVA glue, we spread the back, where the wings should be placed and we paste the wings as in the photo, hold the wings slightly with your hands until the glue seizes.
18. We take the thread of white color and cut off a piece of 26 cm, fold it in half.
19. Spread the thick glue of PVA space between the wings and glue the thread there. Let’s dry.
20. Our bee is ready.