Easy Dough Magnet – Craft Ideas for Kids .
Handmade, unique gifts are always an easy gift idea. This easy dough magnet could make perfect handmade teachers gifts that you can create with the kids!
1 cup salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup water
Purple and Light Blue acrylic paint
Flower shaped cookie cutter
White craft glue or hot glue
Note: This recipe for salt dough makes a lot of projects. If you only plan on making a few, cut this recipe into fourths or in half.
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Mix together, salt, flour, and water until a dough is formed.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface until the mixture is elastic and smooth. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle with flour, continue to do so until stickiness is gone. BE CAREFUL.
Do not add too much flour, this will dry out the dough and will cause it to crack before you get a chance to bake it.
4. Roll dough flat with a rolling pin, about 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
5. Use cookie cutter to cut out flowers.
Roll a small piece of dough into a ball and flatten onto the center of the flower cut out.
6. Bake for approximately 2 – 2.5 hours.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. For best results, allow to cool and dry overnight, or for at least
7. Paint flower with one or two coats of purple paint, then paint center of flower wih light blue.
8. Let dry completely.
9. Glue a magnet to the back of the flower.
Note: THIS DOUGH IS NOT EDIBLE, though it won’t hurt you or your kids, it just won’t taste very good!
By: Amanda Formaro