Recycled plastic bottle crafts are the perfect excuse to go green! Make yourself a Felt Floral Plastic Bottle Bracelet from Heidi Borchers and save the environment at the same time. Save your water or beverage bottle and make something you can wear forever.
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Plastic water bottle (smooth side preferred but select a water bottle to fit your wrist size)
Blue low mask tape
Fabric (torn into 1/2″ – 3/4″ strips and ironed flat)
Felt flowers (I cut my flowers using a die cutting machine)
Hole punch (to cut flower centers)
1. I select different widths of masking tape and apply to the outside of the water bottle to use as a pattern line when cutting the bracelets.
2. Use a craft knife to cut between the tape lines then use scissors to cut a clean edge on the bracelets.
3. Remove blue tape from cut bracelets.
4. Apply a dab of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to the inside of the bracelet.
5. Press end of fabric strip into glue and begin wrapping fabric strip around bracelet.
6. Continue to add a dab of glue every inch to secure fabric to bracelet. Cut excess fabric leaving approximate 1/4″ extra. Apply dab
of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to end of fabric and glue to inside of bracelet.
7. Add dots of glue to outside of bracelet wherever you want to glue a felt flower.
8. Apply dot of glue to center of each flower.
9. Press felt dots in center of flower(s).
10. Continue until the entire bracelet is covered with flowers. Note: I like to tuck my flowers close together to give more volume to my
water bottle bracelet.