A whimsical felt watering can and button‐center flowers are a cute addition to the fridge door. Kids can play at “watering the flowers” and make their own flower additions.
• Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid in 091, 008, 012, 092
• CPE felt: 10″ x 10″ #0495 Billiard Green
• CPE felt: 3″ x 3″ #0070 Neon Yellow
• CPE felt: 6″ x 6″ #0186 Pink
• CPE felt: 6″ x 6″ #0093 Lavender
• 3″ x 6″ Pellon® Wonder‐Under® transfer fusing web
• 5″ x 10 Pellon® Wonder‐Under® transfer fusing web
• 4″ x 4″ Pellon® Craft‐Bond®
• 3″ x 6″ Pellon® Fusible Fleece
• 6″ x 6″ Pellon® Fusible Fleece
• 3″ x 3″ Pellon® Sof‐Shape® fusible interfacing
• 1/2″ x 2″ magnetic strip
• Beacon™ FABRI‐TAC™ permanent adhesive
• Beacon™ GEM‐TAC™ permanent adhesive
• Pressing cloth
• Watering Can and Flower Template
Watering Can Magnet:
1.Cut green felt into two 5″ x 10″ pieces. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply transfer web to one piece of green felt. Remove paper backing. Apply fusible fleece to the other piece of green felt. Position felt pieces wrong sides together and fuse. Cut watering can and handle from fused felt.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply fusible interfacing to yellow felt. Apply transfer web to yellow felt. Trace heart pattern on paper side of felt. Cut out heart. Remove paper
3. Position heart on watering can front; fuse.
4. Blanket‐stitch around handle and can with Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid in 091 Star Yellow.
Blanket stitch around heart with Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid in 008 Green.
5. Glue handle to can with fabric adhesive.
6. Glue magnetic strip to wrong side of magnet with jewel adhesive.
Folk Art Flower Magnets:
1. Cut lavender felt into two 3″ x 3″ pieces. Cut pink felt into two 3″ x 3″ pieces. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply transfer web to one piece of lavender felt and one piece of pink felt. Remove paper backing. Apply fusible fleece to the other pieces of pink and lavender
felt. Position felt pieces wrong sides together. Cover with pressing cloth and fuse.
2. Blanket‐stitch around pink flower with purple braid. Blanket‐stitch around lavender flower with pink braid.
3. Apply craft‐bond® to 2″ x 2″ pink felt and 2″ x 2″ lavender felt. Trace circle pattern on bonded felt. Cut out circles. Sew pink circle to center of lavender flower by stitching an ‘x’ with purple braid. Sew lavender circle to center of pink flower by stitching an ‘x’ with pink braid.
4. Cut magnetic strip into two 1/2″ x 1 1/4″ pieces. Glue a magnetic strip to the back of each flower.
By: Angie Wilhite