By: Maya Murillo
Show off your flower power this with this amazing hair accessory! This accent is perfect for a barrette, headband, as a pin or even on a purse! With a fabulous project like this, the possibilities are endless.
CraftyChica or Tulip Glitter
Aleene’s Tacky Glue OR
Crafty Chica Extreme Embellishment Glue
Tulip Fabric Markers
Pin backs or hair clips or a headband
1. Separate the petals on all the flowers as shown, and saving the pistil.
2. Next, add some more color POP using Tulip Beads In A Bottle! This is definitely going to turn heads!
3. For each color, decorate it in a different way to add contrast in the design. From experimenting, I found it was easier to use Aleene’s Brush On Tacky Glue to apply the glitter!
4. I used Tulip Fabric Markers to draw on some cute designs. Let the petals dry before placing them together.
5. After they are all dry, and stack them in contrasting colors and by size. You can also trim with scissors if you need to, anything to make them look good! Then, glue on any backing of your choice.
6. Ta Dah! Here they are! Now I’m ready to enjoy spring time the appropriate way! You can use these as pins, the final touch on a shirt, hat, or purse. OR you can even attach them back on to the stems to make a bouquet!