Make play food for kids from nothing more than a little felt. This felt cake and brownies craft from Kim Kenward is calorie free and super simple.
Materials for Brownies:
1 inch wooden blocks (available at any craft store)
Silk or ribbon flowers
Ribbon and/or rick rack *optional, but it looks really pretty
Materials for Cake:
2 Styrofoam circles
Pink paint and brush
Rick rack or ribbon
Ribbon flowers or silk flowers
Instructions for Brownies:
1. I used 1 inch blocks for the base of the brownie. I cut enough fabric to wrap around my block and then used hot glue to adhere the felt to the block. I folded the ends of the felt just like you would wrap packages.
2. I then glued ribbon and/or rick rack around the diameter of the brownie and added a ribbon flower on top.
Instructions for Cake:
1. Glue Styrofoam circles together with hot glue and trace 2 circles onto felt and cut out.
2. Paint sides of Styrofoam with pink paint. I also painted the top and bottom but it wouldn’t be necessary.
3. I stuck the Styrofoam in front of a fan to speed up the dry time. It was done in about 20 minutes (10 minutes per side). I then hot
glued the felt to the top and bottom of the Styrofoam.
4. I added rick rack around the edges with hot glue and embellished the cake with mini ribbon flowers.