By: Tamara from Etcetorize
Add some sparkle to your hair do with these Beaded Bobby Pins. Made with small beads, wire, and some simple hair pins, these hair accessories are easy and fun to make for girls of all ages. They also make great gifts and are fun to do with a group of friends!
Straight nose pliers
1. Using your wire cutters, cut a piece of wire around 8″-9″ (2023 cm).
This isn’t exact because it depends on the length of your bobby pin and the size of beads that you’re using.
A good estimate to use is about 3 times the length of your pin.
2. Wrap the end around the rounded end of the bobby pin a few times and squeeze it down with your straight nose pliers. Make sure the wire isn’t sticking towards the inside of the pin or it will catch on your hair.
3. Start adding your beads. As you add beads wrap the wire around the pin, leaving the underside free of beads.
4. Just keep adding and wrapping until you get to the bottom of your pin.
5. At the end just wrap the wire around itself 3 to 4 times and once again squeezing the end down with your fingers or
straight nose pliers.
6. And that, my friends, is that! So easy…but so pretty!