For a perfect place to store small sewing tools or supplies, create this Pocket Organizer with Zipper from Coats and Clark. It’s not only an easy sewing project, it’s a handy accessory to have on hand. Make several to give away as
Coats Fashion Zipper, 7” Closed
Dual Duty XP general purpose
Solid Fabric- fat quarter
Print Fabric- fat quarter
1. Press ¼” to the wrong side on one of the long sides of the pocket piece. Fold 1” to the wrong side. Press in place. Topstitch pocket 1” from top folded edge.
2. Draw a line with chalk down the middle of the pocket.
3. Place pocket right side up on the front lower piece of the fabric, aligning raw edges. Pin in
4. Machine-baste around the pocket ¼” from the edge of the fabric. Return machine to a normal stitch length. Stitch the marked line on the pocket, backstitching and the beginning and end of line.
5. Press 1/2” to wrong side on one of the long sides of the top front and the long edge opposite the pocket on the lower front piece.
6. Place the folded edge of the top piece beside the zipper, ¼” from the zipper teeth. Pin. Using the zipper foot, stitch along the folded edge. Repeat for the other side of the zipper with the lower front.
7. Unzip the zipper several inches. Pin the front and back wrong sides together. Stitch around all four sides using a ½ seam allowance. Clip corners diagonally.
8. Turn to the right side through the zipper opening.