We’ve all wondered what to do with empty mint tins…here’s the perfect way to wrap a small gift and recycle too! Permanently adhere fabric and paper to the tin with a quick spray of Aleene’s® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray™.
• Tulip® Fashion Glitter™ o 23554 Red Fine Jewel
• Aleene’s® Paper Glaze
• Aleene’s® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray™
• Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
• Tulip® Fashion Glitter Bond
• Brush, flat ½”
• Fabric, mini black and white flowers
• Ribbon, 3/8” black and white and a 1/8” red
• Paper, coordinating black and white print, solid red and white cardstock
• Mint tin, metal
• 1/16” hole punch
1. Cut a 3” square from red cardstock. Squeeze a small amount of Paper Glaze on foil and brush on cardstock. Let dry.
2. Place wrong side of fabric up on work surface. Using tin for a guide, trace outline of lid and bottom of tin. Cut bottom out slightly smaller than traced lines. Cut lid pattern about 1/8” out side of line.
3. Cut a strip of black and white paper 1” x 12” for sides of tin.
4. Place fabric pieces and paper strip on cardboard with wrong side up. Spray with Crystal Clear Tacky Spray.
5. Wrap paper around sides of tin, just under lid edge, starting in back. Clip corner areas and wrap excess on bottom.
6. Place fabric on bottom, covering edges of paper.
7. Place fabric on lid and push excess over edge. Cut off any fabric that hangs below lower edge of lid.
8. Place paper on work surface to catch excess glitter. Squeeze some Fashion Glitter Bond on foil. Using a small brush, apply to lower edge of lid. Sprinkle on desired Fashion Glitter color. Tap off excess on
paper and return to container. Dot Fashion Glitter Bond in center of mini flowers on lid using toothpick.
Sprinkle with Fashion Glitter and tap off excess.
9. Using Quick Dry Tacky Glue, glue red ribbon on top of other ribbon. Glue to bottom and sides below lid and bring to top. Let dry. Tie off to create a handle. Add a strip of red ribbon across lid.
10. When Paper Glaze is dry on red cardstock, cut a 1‐¼” x 1‐½” piece for tag. Cut top corners off and punch a hole. Layer with a white piece of cardstock with desired sentiment.
11. Cut a 4” piece of red ribbon and tie to top of tag. Glue to top of lid.