This altered CD makes a great projects for kids!
• Marvy® Opaque Stix,‐Silver, White, Black, Blue
• Recycled CD
• Cardstock, lime, white
• 1″ Alphabet stencil
• Decorative edged scissors‐ corkscrew
• Embossing label maker and black tape
• Black and White gingham ribbon‐ 1/4 1/2 yard
• Black fibers‐ 1/2 yard
• Paper Glue‐ Zip Dry™ Paper Glue, Beacon Adhesives®
• Marvy® Paper Trimming Buddy
• Marvy® Squishy Scissors
All measurements are in inches.
1. Using CD as template, trace and cut one circle from the lime cardstock. Cut two 1″ x 3 1⁄2″ pieces from the white cardstock.
2. Draw four flowers on white cardstock. Use silver Opaque Stix pen to draw petals. Use blue Opaque Stix for flower centers. Outline all with black Opaque Stix. Allow to dry and cut out with scissors.
3. Decorate the background of the lime circle. Use white Opaque Stix to draw flowers randomly on circle. Use blue Opaque Stix for flower centers. With stencil, trace letters for “My Dear” with silver Opaque Stix. Outline with black Opaque Stix.
4. Cut one edge of each white cardstock piece with decorative edged scissors. Adhere to edges of
CD. Cut one edge of each piece even with curve of CD. Glue flowers to CD.
5. Cut ribbon into 2 separate pieces‐‐one piece 4 1/2″ long and one piece 5″ long. Glue shorter
piece to CD, below sentiment. Loop other piece for hanger and adhere to top of CD with glue.
Use label maker for “Friend” and adhere to center of ribbon. Glue black fiber around edge of CD.
By: Melony Bradley