By: Rachel Griffith of P.S. I Quilt
Make your picnic or barbecue a little easier with this great craft project using empty aluminum cans. These picnic
helpers are perfect for outdoor cooking onthe 4th of July!
Assorted fabrics in assorted sizes
Assorted empty aluminum cans
Elmer’s glue all multipurpose glue
Craft foam brush
Wet wash cloth
1. First you’ll need to pick which fabrics you would like on each can.
2. You can change your mind later, I certainly did.
3. Take your first can and brush on some of your glue.
4. Make sure it’s not goopy and you smooth it out.
5. Take your first piece of fabric and apply it to the can, folding over into the inside.
6. Make sure that you smooth out the fabric as you go.
7. Keep overlapping your pieces like so until your top is covered.
8. Start with your next row.
9. Keep going until your entire can is covered, making sure there aren’t any air pockets.
10. When you reach the bottom, you’ll have overlapping fabric, just like you did at the beginning.
11. Just brush on a nice coat of glue and start pressing the fabric down.
12. It’s okay to be liberal with your glue here.
13. Just work your glue into all those nooks & crannies.
14. You’re going want to brush a thin layer of glue over the entire fabric covered can.
15. Take your wet wash cloth and gently pat the fabric so that you don’t see goops of glue.
16. Now make 2 more…you know you want to!!!
17. Now just let them dry in the sun for about 20 minutes.