Help Mom stay organized with a personalized recycled mail station ‐ showcase her favorite flowers and reuse an old CD. This project makes for a great mother’s day gift or birthday present for a mom or another busy lady in your life.
• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
o Heart, 6″ x 1″
• Three or four recycled compact discs
• Floral fabric “fat quarter” (from quilting department)
• Coordinating silk flowers, two small bunches
• Serrated knife
• Paraffin or candle stub
• Wide flat paintbrush
• Paper towels
• Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
• White, thick craft glue
1. Cut three or four 5 1/2″ squares from fabric. For each CD, spread thin layer of white glue over label side and smooth a fabric square over glue; let dry and trim excess.
2. Cut two 1 1/2″ x 12″ strips from fabric. Glue fabric strips around edge of foam heart, overlapping
as needed. Clip corners and fold excess fabric to bottom; glue to secure. Note: If desired, trace heart onto wrong side of fabric and cut out; glue to bottom of heart.
3. To make inserting discs easier, first cut 3/8″‐deep, equally‐spaced parallel grooves into top of foam heart. Cut straight down, not at an angle. Apply thin line of white glue along each CD slit and press discs 1/2″ to 3/4″ deep into slit.
4. Glue silk flower bunch to each side of discs as shown.