By: Michelle Sybert of Her Cup Overfloweth
This wonderful project comes to us compliments of Michelle Sybert of Her Cup Overfloweth . Michelle recycles an ordinary kid’s yogurt drink container into a cute little bud vase. Hooray for less plastic waste! Make these with your kids on Mother’s Day for fellow moms, grandmoms and your own home.
Turn an empty kid’s yogurt drink container into a bud vase, perfect for those teeny tiny wild flowers you
and your child collect on long (or short) afternoon walks! Before you begin, you will need to gather your
materials and set up your workspace.
• Empty yogurt drink container (child size)
• Mod Podge (or other decoupage glue)
• Wide mouth disposable bowl or cup
• Small craft size paint brush
• Scissors or paper cutter
• Scraps of craft paper (try not to use card stock)
1. Strip the plastic covering off the container. Set container aside.
2. Cut paper into small ½ in. by 2 in. strips. Set aside.
3. Pour small amount of decoupage into bowl (enough to dip your strips of paper in).
4. Using your paint brush, apply decoupage to the outside of container.
5. Piece by piece (this is the most time consuming part), dip the scraps of paper into the decoupage glue and lay on the outside of the container (similar to Papier Mache technique).
Using your finger tips or the paint brush, smooth out wrinkles and any excess glue. We layered
them in a somewhat messy pattern, because, well, that’s how kids are…a little messy!
6. Wipe of bottom of container with a paper towel to get rid of any residue and let dry for approximately 1 hour (give or take a few minutes). Now you are ready to add flowers!