By: Sarah Forhan for Consumer Crafts
Are you looking for projects on how to make unique hair bows? Try making this Sassy Hair Bow from Consumer Crafts! It’s always fun to make your own hairbows, because you can make them as fun and sassy as you are.
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
Darice Finishing Accents
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Then cut a piece of
18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Following the instructional CD that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler follow the instructions to create a 5″ wide Basic Bow with tails, a 4″ wide Boutique Bow, and a small 3″ wide bow tie bow. Bowdabra’s instructional CD provides step bystep instructions for making each of these bows along with a ribbon length chart to pre cut your ribbon.
3. Scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
5. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini
6. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Fluff the bow.
7. Use the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to create the bottom of this bow. Add large loops of pink boa, black boa, yarn, and lace.
8. Once complete scrunch the bow and tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Trim away excess wire. Next, tie the top bow to the bottom bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire from the first bow.Once tied twist the top bow several times to join the two bows tightly. Line an alligator clip with ribbon and use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to attach the bow to the clip. Trim away excess ribbon.
9. Your funky hair bow is complete and ready to be worn!