Add some glitz and glamor to your notebooks. This is a great craft for teens and tweens, and is a clever way to get them in the mood to head back to school! Mix and match different media to create a notebook cover that’s truly unique, colorful, and fun!
One blank journal
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Tape
1. Open the book flat, covers facing up.
2. Measure and cut the trim so it goes across the entire book.
3. Set out your trim in an order that you like. I love contrast, but if you look close, you can see I used gold as a repeating theme in the pattern.
4. Apply the tape to the book all the way across, rub it down with your fingers and then peel off the backing.
5. Apply the ribbon/trim along the sticky side.
6. Keep going, when you get the composition part; use your craft knife or scissors to cut away, so that title still shows. That is what really gives the book character!
7. Add trim around the frame of the title and set the crystal trim in place. If the tape is too wide, cut it in half before applying.
8. Use your fingers to press the trim in place.
9. Trim edges.
By: Kathy Cano-Murillo