Nothing sets the summer evening mood quite like rustic candles. These Striped Summer Luminaries look beautiful on your dining table, set upon window sills, or lining your front walkway. Put them anywhere in your home and these luminaries will add a special glow and glimmer. It’s is so easy to create and so inexpensive, you won’t believe how chic these Striped Summer Luminaries look.
Craft Smart Acrylic Paint
o Pale Blue
o Matte Varnish
Stencil brush or sponge applicator
1) Wash and dry each jar. Rinse with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
2) Apply strips of painter’s tape to outside of each jar, leaving gaps to create stripes.
3) Use sponge applicator to pounce blue paint onto the exposed glass of first jar. Repeat the process using white paint on second jar.
4) Remove painter’s tape.
5) Apply coat of matte varnish on the surface of each jar.
6) Cut strips of burlap and hot glue around rim of each jar.
7) Wrap a piece of hemp cord around the burlap and tie into a knot or bow in front.
8) Fill jars ¼” full with white sand. Insert votive candle and small seashells.
By: Amanda Formaro