By: Margot Potter
Show your mom, sister, or friend how much you love them with this Valentine’s Day with this Queen of Hearts Choker and earring set. Made with doilies and felt hearts, this jewelry set is lightweight and makes a great accessory for Valentine’s Day! If you’d prefer, you can make a longer necklace instead of a choker, or create a bracelet instead.
11 3 1/4″ round paper doilies
22 1’x1 1/4″ felt hearts
40 10mm silver plated jump rings
2 silver plated swivel lobster clasps
2 silver plated pinch bail ear wires
34 gauge silver or gold Artistic Wire
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Sheets
2 pairs chain nose pliers
1/16″ hole punch
1. Cut out the center of the doilies. Use 34 gauge wire threaded into every fourth or fifth hole in frame around open center to gather the doily together into a “flower.” Once you have the holes threaded, grasp both wire tails and gently pull the doily into a flower.
2. Twist wire tail ends together using chain nose pliers. Cut off excess with wire cutters. Make 11 of these.
3. Use hole punch to punch holes in right and left upper center of each heart.
4. Place hearts on Aleene’s Peel and Stick Sheets. Cut around heart, peel off adhesive backing and sandwich the
doilies between two hearts. Make sure the hearts are lined up properly so it’s easy to link together later!
5. Use 4 10mm jump rings to connect each doily heart. Attach two jump rings on the outside edge of the first and
final heart in your chain. Repeat for front and back of design. This will prevent the necklace from flip-flopping
6. Add the clasps to the final jump ring on the first doily heart in each chain. This is how the necklace is connected,
having both stabilizes the design when worn.
7. To make earrings, repeat the process of making two doily hearts, but only pierce one hole in each heart so the
ear wires can attach. Use pinch bail earrings inserted in the hole of each heart, or you can opt for jump rings and