Recycle old CD’s into colorful trendy ornaments. With a little paint, wire and beads, you can add a new look to the holiday season.
• Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint ‐ Hunter Green (#53502)
• Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint ‐ Tomato (#53532)
• Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint ‐ Purple (#51913)
• Krylon Glitter Spray ‐ Glistening Gold (#401)
• Krylon Glitter Spray ‐ Shimmering Silver (#402)
• 3 Compact Discs
• 24 gauge Non‐Tarnishing wire: (1) 2 yard length Gold and (2) 2 yard lengths Silver.
• 10” length 1/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
• (2) 10” lengths 1/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
• 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
• (2) 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
• Assorted sizes and shapes of beads (silver, green, dark red, gold, blue & purple)
• (3) 4” lengths cloth covered floral wire
• (3) 8” lengths 20 gauge wire
• Nail large enough to make a 1/8″ diameter hole
• Flat nose pliers
• Cardboard boxes for spray booth and drying ornaments.
• Dowel rod to fit across box for drying ornaments
• Wire cutters
1. To make a hole for hanging, use flat nose pliers to heat nail and push through CD about 1/8″ from edge. Cool.
2. Twist one end of 20 gauge wire thru hanging hole and form hook on opposite end. This will serve as a handle while painting and drying.
3. Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint each CD a different color: Hunter Green, Purple,
Tomato. Hang ornaments on dowel rods across box to dry completely. Remove wire when dry.
4. Adding beads: Refer to photograph. Anchor one end of the 24 gauge length of wire in the 1/8″
hole. String beads in front of ornament only. Green and silver beads for green ornament; green,
dark red and gold for red ornament; blue, purple and silver for purple ornament. Make 13
evenly spaced rows of beads around CD. Twist end of wire to back side of first wire. Trim excess
5. Hanger and bow: Tie hanger ribbon thru 1/8″ hole. Tie 2 loop bow. Slip floral wire thru knot in
bow on back side. Wire to ornament thru 1/8″ hole. Twist bow tails around fingers to shape and
trim as desired.
By: Annabelle Keller