If you’re considering creating homemade Valentine gifts this year, why not give them something they can actually use? These adorable Conversation Heart Homemade Soaps are perfect for one use, and great to take on the go. Once the soap is used up, the felt inside can be used as a little heart-shaped wash cloth and then thrown away!
Clear glycerin melt and pour soap (from any craft supply store)
Felt in multiple colors
Acrylic paint in pink and white
1. Cut out a heart template from a small piece of white felt and use that to cut out all the little felt hearts.
2. Take your felt and cut out one heart per piece of soap you wish to create.
3. Using the acrylic paint and a small brush, paint conversation heart sayings on all of your felt hearts.
4. While you wait, set aside several chunks of the glycerin soap in a microwave safe bowl. Lay out several sheets of aluminum foil or wax paper for a drying area and have your scent drops and a
spoon for stirring ready.
5. Once dry, microwave the soap on high in for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until most of the soap has liquefied.
Note: The heat from the bowl will melt any small pieces left as you stir it.
6. Once melted, add a few drops of your chosen scent.
7. Place a heart in the bowl, allow it to soak up the liquid soap and lift it out with a spoon.
8. Drain for a moment and then place it on your aluminum foil to dry.
9. Once dry, peel them off the foil and use a paring knife to trim any excess off the edges.