Have you heard? Owls are the hottest Valentine’s Day trend this season! Make your own DIY Owl Pillow to add a modern flair to any room of your house this Valentine’s Day. This soft and sweet pillow is perfect for cuddling up with your sweetheart on a chilly winter night.
Small and large plate to make the pattern
1/3 yard of fabric for the owl’s body
Scraps of red and pink fabric for wings,
1. Tape two 8.5″x 11″ sheets of paper together side by side.
2. Trace a dinner plate to make the owl body.
Eyes, and Nose
Fiber-fill for stuffing
Basic sewing needs
3. At the top, trace a tea-cup sauce.
4. Now draw the eyes, nose, feet, and wings.
5. Using your pattern, cut out the 2 owl bodies, 2 wings, 2 feet, 2 outer eyes, 2 center eyes, and 1 nose from your fabric of choice.
Optional: Cut out a heart as an embellishment.
6. Once your pieces are cut out, pin them to the pretty side of one of the owl body pieces.
7. Zigzag appliqué the wings, eyes and feet on.
8. Either use a heat bond for the smaller pieces like the eye center, heart, and nose, or zigzag them on next.
9. Place your owl bodies “pretty” sides together and pin around the outer edge.
10. Stitch around the owl using the pressure foot as your guide. Leave a 4″ opening.
11. Trim seams, turn owl pretty side out. Stuff the owl with fiber-fill or stuffing.
12. Hand stitch the opening closed to finish!