- Salt dough in 2 different colors
- Paint brush or pastry brush for water
- Knife or flat modelling tool
- Cocktail sticks or toothpicks
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Access to an oven
- Paint brushes if painting
- Varnish brush
- White spirit for cleaning varnish brush
Make two small balls of different colored salt dough.
Squash the balls into each other.
Twist the colored dough carefully to blend the colors.
Roll into a ball.
If you mix the dough too much you will end up with a ball of just one color.
Use a cocktail stick to make a hole in the bead.
You will need to round the bead again once it is on the stick. Bake in the oven following the instructions below. Once fully baked you can paint if you wish. Finish with two coats of varnish to make sure the dough is sealed and moisture can’t get in.