Flower Craft Ideas: How to Make Easy Fabric Flowers – Fancy Whitewashed Wreath .
This Fancy Whitewashed Wreath looks like it took hours to create . This is a beautiful front door wreath that all your guests are sure to love.
Fuse Creativity System® Starter Set
Medium Design Set 100780 – Circle
Medium Design Set 101130 – Flower
Medium Design Set 100850 – Bird
Buttons – Melissa Frances/Vintage
Canvas – Prima
Hot glue gun
Kraft wrapping paper
Pins – Maya Road
Ribbon – Maya Road
Styrofoam wreath form
Vintage dictionary paper
White tissue paper
1. To create each layer of the flowers, you will need to die cut each layer with the Fuse.
2. 1st Layer: Kraft Wrapping Paper folded into an accordion fold and then passed through the Fuse machine with
the Circle Design Set. You will need one circle for each fancy flower. This is the base of the flower. In total, you will need eight circles.
3. 2nd Layer: You will need eight doilies for this layer. No cutting necessary!
4. 3rd Layer: Kraft Wrapping Paper folded into an accordion fold and passed through the Fuse machine with the Flower Design Set. You will need anywhere from 8-16 flowers, depending on how you prefer to layer them.
5. 4th Layer: 5-10 sheets of vintage dictionary paper passed through the Fuse machine with the Flower Design Set.
You will need four flower pieces for each fancy flower, which is around 32 flower pieces in total.
6. 5th Layer: 10-20 sheets of white tissue paper passed through the Fuse machine with the Scalloped Circle Design Set. You will need eight circles for each flower center, which is approximately 56 tissue paper scalloped circles.
7. Leaves: Printed Canvas passed through the Fuse machine using the Bird Design Set. You only have to cover the wing portion of the design set with your canvas. This is used as a leaf on the flowers.
8. Before assembling the fancy flowers, the tissue paper flower centers need to be created.
Flower Center Assembly
1. Take two scalloped circles and fold them in half. Gather the fold and staple the very end point. Flatten out the circles. This will be the base of the flower center.
2. With each of the other six scalloped circles, fold them in half, then gather and staple the gathered fold.
3. Using the hot glue gun, place glue in the base of flower center. Add each of the six pieces to the glue dot.
Arrange the tissue paper pieces. The flower centers will have the look of a carnation flower.
4. Layering the fancy flowers will be easy now that we have all the pieces ready for assembly. Using the glue gun, start with the Kraft Wrapping Paper circle as your base. Glue the doily to the circle a little off centered. They do not need to be right on top of one another.
5. Place a Kraft Wrapping Paper flower and four dictionary paper flowers on top of each other. Gather and twist the bottom of the flowers and staple on the gathered paper. Flatten out and glue the flowers to the circle and doily.
6. Add the tissue paper flower centers with glue, and on some of the fancy flower centers, add vintage buttons.
7. Fold the leaves to give each a little dimension. Glue two leaves to each fancy flower. Add pins and or buttons as an embellishment.
8. Wrap the Styrofoam wreath base with ribbon.
9. Arrange each of the fancy flowers on the wreath base. There should be 7-8 fancy layered flowers.
10. Add a double bow in the place of the flower center on one of the fancy flowers. Glue the fancy flowers to the wreath base.