Save up your scraps this holiday season and create pretty felt ornaments you can hang on your tree. This ornament from Tiffany Windsor will add a touch of fun and whimsy to your holiday decor. It doesn’t get easier than this cool craft idea.
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Tape (I also used scraps of Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Sheets and Aleene’s Tacky
Felt – assorted colors
Ribbon (for hanger)
1. Cut two pieces of felt for the base of your ornament. They do not have to be the exact shape and size at this step but should be similar/close in size. Cut several more layers of felt to create the flower. HINT: start cutting the smallest circle first, place it on
next color and cut circle slightly larger. Repeat until you have the desired number of
2. Apply Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Tape to outside edge of back of ornament.
3. Remove paper backing from three sides. (Leave top strip in place at this step.)
4. Press the two pieces of felt together.
5. Remember that the remaining paper strip should be at the top of your ornament!
6. Cut along outside edge to even up both layers. HINT: If you keep your cut slightly to the inside of the top piece of felt you will keep the glue tape from gumming up your scissors!
7. Use your tape scraps or pieces of your Aleene’s Peel and Stick Sheets to glue each remaining layer together. HINT: always save your leftover scraps of Aleene’s Peel and Stick Tape and Sheets to use on project like this!
8. Continue gluing each layer together until all layers are in place.
9. Apply Aleene’s Peel and Stick Sheet to back of one piece of green felt. Cut to shape of leaf.
10. Remove paper backing from glue.
11. Press onto complementary color of green felt and cut approximately 1/8″ from edge of leaf. This will give you a pretty dimensional
leaf. Repeat to cut two leaves.
12. Using your glue scraps (or Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles) glue leaves in place between layers of flower.
13. Gently wedge open the top of your ornament.
14. Fill with lavender. HINT: be sure to press lavender down below glue line so that none gets stuck while gluing layers.
15. Peel off paper backing.
16. Cut ribbon to desired length for hanger, fold in half and place ends into glue. Gently press felt layers together to hold hanger in place
and to close top of ornament.