We are creating a gift tin that is perfect for giving a brooch, earrings or a bracelet. It is quick to make and can incorporate recycled cars, papers and fabric. Courtesy of Bead Studio
• 1 ‐ 2.5″ glass top tin
• 1 ‐ recycled greeting card or your own collage image
• 1 ‐ 2.5″ square piece of cardboard
• 1 ‐ 4″ square pieces of fabric
• Clear Drying Glue
1. Using the top of the tin as your guide, mark and cut your image to fit the inside of the tin.
2. Cut a piece of cardboard the same size, making sure they fit inside the tin.
3. Trim the fabric so there is a half inch border around the cardboard circle.
4.Cover the cardboard with the fabric and glue the fabric down in the back. Let dry. (You may need to clamp it while it dries. We used the eyeglass clips as clamps, but clothe pins will work
5. Clean the glass with window cleaner. Place a very small bead of glue on the outside edge of your image and place in the tin. The image should be facing the glass.
6. Glue the fabric covered cardboard to the inside bottom of the tin.