This is a fun and easy project that even kids can do. Recycle your favorite comic strip from the newspaper or a comic book and decoupage them on to STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam balls. Kids will love picking out their own design and displaying these in their roms.
• STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
o 5″ or 6″ Ball
• Comic section of newspaper or comic books
• Small disposable container
• 1″ foam brush
• Heavyweight glass quart jar
• Gloss decoupage medium (optional)
• White craft glue, thick
• Wooden skewer
1. Using photo as a guide, cut comics into assorted small shapes such as rectangles and squares.
Also cut out some individual characters and interesting word balloons, following their outlines.
2.Insert a wooden skewer into foam ball to use as a handle while adhering images. Thin glue with water and then brush onto asmall section of the ball. Place a comic cutout in the glue and press onto the ball, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles. Brush a small amount of glue over top of image, making sure all edges are secure.
Continue to adhere cutouts to ball until completely covered, overlapping images in a pleasing
manner. Add word balloons last so messages are easily readable.
3. Stand skewer in a glass jar, allowing ball to dry thoroughly.
4. If desired, apply a coat of decoupage medium over entire ball to produce a glossy finish. Let dry
and then remove wooden skewer.
By: Kathleen George