By: Jamielyn Nye for I Heart Nap Time
No sew fabric projects are perfect for everyone from beginners to craft experts. Grab your favorite fabric
and Aleene’s Peel & Stick Sheets for this easy accessory. Wear your No Sew Hair Bow the next time you hit the town.
Fabric (I recycled a cotton knit top)
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheets
Aleene’s Stiffen Quik Fabric Stiffening Spray
Bobby pins (to put bow in hair)
1. This top got a lot of great wear but it was time for an upcycle! I cut it apart to create rectangles of fabric to the sizes that I wanted for this project.
2. For my bow, I started with a piece of fabric about 12″ x 8″. (You can enlarge or reduce the size depending on what size you want your finished bow.) Place fabric wrong side up on work table. Cut pieces of Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheets to fit the inside of your bow fabric. Remove the liner paper and stick the glue side down on the fabric.
3. I like to use a craft stick to press around the edges of the Peel & Stick sheets. This helps to transfer the adhesive to the fabric.
4. Peel off the liner paper to expose the adhesive.
5. Fold in the sides of the fabric starting with the shorter sides first.
6. Then fold the other sides to the middle.
7. You should now have a piece that looks like this.
8. Cut a smaller rectangle for the center of your bow. Apply Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Glue to the center.
9. Remove liner paper to reveal adhesive.
10. Fold to center along long edges to create fabric strip.
11. Squeeze bow fabric in center.
12. Wrap fabric strip around center of bow.
13. Add a small piece of Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheet to end, remove liner, wrap around bow center overlapping until you have achieved desired look for center of bow.
14. If any of the end pieces are not even, tuck and re-fold them into the bow. If wanted, add a strip of glue to close the ends of the bow.
15. On fabric like this t-shirt knit that is really soft, I found that I wanted a little bit more body to my bow so I sprayed it with Aleene’s Stiffen Quik. Let dry completely. I use bobby pins to pin the bow underneath my messy bun!