By: Amanda Formaro
Say hello to romance this February when you make your own set of Vintage Luminaries. This Mason jar craft is a sophisticated way to set the mood on Valentine’s Day. Surround your homemade dinner with these stunning luminaries to add a vintage feel to your holiday spread. Your sweetheart will certainly feel the love when they see the subtle touch of class that this project brings to the table.
Recycled glass jars
Hot glue gun
Vintage jewelry (clip-on earrings, necklace charms, bracelets, etc.)
Extra jar or glass bowl
1) Fill jar or glass bowl halfway with bleach. Fill remaining half with water.
2) Cut burlap into strips long enough to wrap around votive jars. Dip burlap strips into bleach mixture and hold in bleach for 10-15 seconds. Place bleach burlap on old towel and repeat with remaining strips.
3) After all strips have been dipped in bleach, rinse them in clean water. Let dry.
4) Hot glue burlap strips around clean jars. Wrap twine around jars twice and hot glue in place.
5) Remove any unnecessary parts from jewelry pieces and hot glue baubles to twine and burlap.
6) Place tea light candle in jar.